cointop is a fast and lightweight interactive terminal based UI application for tracking and monitoring cryptocurrency coin stats in real-time.
The interface is inspired by
htop and shortcut keys are inspired by
- Quick sort shortcuts
- Custom key bindings configuration
- Vim inspired shortcut keys
- Fast pagination
- Charts for coins and global market graphs
- Quick chart date range change
- Fuzzy searching for finding coins
- Currency conversion
- Save and view favorite coins
- Portfolio tracking of holdings
- 256-color support
- Custom colorschemes
- Help menu
- Offline cache
- Supports multiple coin stat APIs
- Works on macOS, Linux, and Windows
- It’s very lightweight; can be left running indefinitely
Try it out
brew install cointop
For other platforms, check out the releases page or read the installation instructions in the README.
The Go build size is ~8MB but packed with UPX it’s only a ~3MB executable binary. It only uses ~15MB of memory so you can run it on a Raspberry Pi Zero if you wanted to (one reason why cointop was built using Go instead of Node.js or Python).
cointop is open-source and released under the Apache 2.0 license.